The contents provided on this page are for informational purposes only and do not constitute financial advice.
Have you been dreaming of the ultimate escape these summer holidays?
Perhaps you’ve been thinking about sunbathing on white sand on your way to work or on the way to pick up the kids.
We get it - holidays are a great way to recharge your batteries and create some memorable moments.
If you're looking for the perfect getaway that won't break the bank, we've got you covered with our list of cheap holidays.
If you’re in the mood to be wowed by nature, the Blue Mountains could be the perfect spot for you. With its crisp mountain air, heritage hotels, and scenic forests, it's a nice destination to relax and unwind.
- Take a day trip with Megalong Valley winery shuttle bus for $45, offering five hours of scenic delights.
- Experience the magic of the Katoomba Reserve Night-lit walk. A 1.5km walk viewing natural features such as the Orphan Rock, Witches Leap and Katoomba Falls.
Take a trip down the south coast, home to over 100 beautiful beaches, bush-walks, and local culture. This is a perfect getaway, especially if you’re a last-minute organiser, as it is quieter compared to its neighbour, Jervis Bay.
- Explore the charm of the coastal towns Huskisson and Vincentia.
- Visit Hyams Beach in Jervis Bay for its renowned white sand beaches.
- Relax and watch a movie at Huskisson Pictures where movies have screened there since the early 1950s to now.
Newcastle, situated in the Hunter Region, is a vibrant city known for its beautiful beaches, rich history, and lively arts scene.
- Go beach hopping and take in the beautiful coastal scenes.
- In the mood for a bit of history? Visit Fort Scratchley.
- Take a relaxing stroll at the Bathers Way Coastal Walk.
Gosford, nestled on the Central Coast, offers a mix of coastal charm and natural beauty. From beaches to wildlife parks, there's something for everyone.
- Visit the Entrance, known for its pelican feeding and scenic waterfront.
- Enjoy the vibrant atmosphere, cafes and water activities at Terrigal Beach.
- Take a day trip to Port Macquarie for its scenic coastal walks and famous Koala Hospital.
For more information on deals, destinations and holiday packages in NSW have a browse through these quick links.
- Find NSW's best deals, packages & special offers | Visit NSW
- Getaways, Australian Getaway Packages | RedBalloon
Famous for its warm springs and relaxing spas, it's the perfect spot to unwind and enjoy a cosy retreat.
- Visit the Pt. Leo Estate Sculpture Park. Enjoy the scenic backdrop of the vineyards and ocean views with a Family Pass of just $25 for two adults and two children over the age of 12.
- Soar heights on the Arthurs Seat Eagle.
- Dine at the Pt Leo Estate.
Explore the Yarra Valley, a region renowned for its wineries and scenic landscapes.
- Take a stroll through Cement Creek Redwood Forest.
- Save money and set up your own picnic at Lillydale Lake, parents can relax and enjoy the scenery while kids can have fun at the free water activities!
- Encounter native Australian wildlife at Healesville Sanctuary.
- Hike through the Dandenong Ranges National Park.
Known for its fine food, wine and accommodation.
- Sunrise trip with Goldrush Ballooning.
- Enjoy an easy ride through farms in the Milawa Gourmet Ride.
- Have a picnic with friends or family Pioneer Bridges Rest Area. Pets are welcomed!
Bring your walking shoes for this scenic forest and nature reserve.
- Go for a nature walk at the Lilly Pilly Gully.
- Trek through the rainforest of Mount Bishop.
- Have a picnic and swim at Norman Beach.
For more information on deals, destinations and holiday packages in Victoria have a browse through these quick links.
Home to some beautiful natural attractions including the world heritage-listed Purnululu National Park and its beehive-shaped Bungle Bungle Range.
- Visit the Black Rock falls.
- Go sightseeing at the sandstones of Cockburn ranges.
- Visit the Kununurra markets held each Saturday morning from 8am - 12 noon.
Can be considered a diver’s paradise with its diverse marine life and iconic dive sites including underwater caves.
- Jump on the Rottnest water taxi.
- Visit the Bathurst Lighthouse.
- Travel around breathtaking views on the Captain Hussey historical train tour, for 10km. Prices range from Adult $10 one way and $20 return and Child $7.50 one way and $15 return.
Known for its friendly dolphins which visit its shores almost daily!
- Go stargazing! The Coral coast is home to many Astro-tourism towns who are committed to protecting dark skies and offer free observing sites.
- Swim with humpback whales.
- Put on your walking shoes and experience the unique natural environments at the national parks.
Broome, located in Western Australia, is a coastal town renowned for its stunning turquoise waters, pristine white-sand beaches, and vibrant cultural diversity.
- Ride a camel into Cable Beach sunset.
- Watch a movie under the stars at the Sun Picture Garden, one of the world’s oldest picture gardens that is still running today!
- Visit Gantheaume Point to witness the sandy beach and red rock cliffs that overlook the waters of the Indian Ocean.
For more information on deals, destinations and holiday packages in Western Australia have a browse through these quick links.
Charming waterfront capital city of Tasmania, surrounded by picturesque landscapes.
- Visit the Salamanca Markets every Saturday! Discover some of the locally made goods and handmade ceramics.
- Prepared to be wowed at the art museum MONA with its many contemporary pieces and artworks.
- Meet the iconic Tassie devils on a wildlife tour.
Tranquil escape with a rugged coastline and renowned for delicious local produce.
- Climb the stairs at The Neck Reserve for budget-friendly scenic views and wildlife observation.
- Explore the scenic hiking trails in South Bruny National Park, like the Fluted Cape Walk, offering spectacular coastal views and a cost-effective day in nature.
- Experience Bruny's wildlife at The Neck, where you can observe fairy penguins, shearwaters, and other seabirds in their natural habitat.
Wilderness spot known for untamed beauty, unique flora, and fauna.
- Visit Strahan to explore the charming village, stroll along the waterfront, and enjoy the maritime atmosphere.
- Hike the Montezuma Falls Rail Track for an affordable adventure, featuring the state's highest waterfall and beautiful rainforest scenery.
- Relax at Ocean Beach, one of the longest and most pristine beaches in Tasmania's west, offering a tranquil setting and stunning coastal views.
Iconic alpine region featuring majestic peaks and pristine wilderness, drawing nature enthusiasts and hikers alike.
- For just $82.40 per car, get a Holiday Park Pass to explore all of Tasmania's national parks for two months, covering entry fees and even providing a free shuttle to Cradle Mountain.
- Try rafting and kayaking in various national parks across Tasmania for exciting water activities.
- Take a walk around Dove Lake at Cradle Mountain. It's a budget-friendly and famous hike with amazing views of the mountain, lake, and beautiful scenery.
For more information on deals, destinations and holiday packages in Tasmania have a browse through these quick links.
Tips to help you stick to your travel budget
Book Early for Savings:
- Secure fantastic early bird deals by booking in advance to not only guarantee your room but also enjoy extra savings on your accommodations. You may consider accessing your pay earlier with Beforepay to lock down these deals!
Unlock Exclusive Discounts:
- Seek out special visitor cards and family passes to access exclusive discounts on attractions, maximising your budget for memorable experiences.
Smart Online Research:
- Plan wisely by checking online for free or low-cost events in the towns you'll be visiting, ensuring you make the most of your time and budget. You can use websites such as Eventbrite and Ticketbooth to help you get started.
Local Insights from Hotel Concierge:
- Utilise the expertise of hotel concierges for insider tips on local attractions and event recommendations, enhancing your travel experience.
Bring Your Own Lunch for Savings:
- Cut costs by packing your own food, creating a wallet-friendly day out without compromising on taste or convenience. You may consider using the Beforepay budgeting tool in the Beforepay app to help you find more ways to cut down on costs.
Explore with a Rented Car:
- Experience the flexibility of a self-driven tour, often a more budget-friendly option compared to other transportation choices, allowing you to explore at your own pace.
Discover Hidden Gems:
- Move beyond touristy spots and explore Australia's hidden gems. Uncover surprising, budget-friendly places by researching online, adding unique and memorable stops to your travel itinerary.
Disclaimer: Beforepay Group Ltd, ABN: 63 633 925 505. Beforepay allows eligible customers to access their pay and provides budgeting tools. Beforepay does not provide financial products, financial advice or credit products. The views provided in this article include factual information and the personal opinions of relevant Beforepay staff and do not constitute financial advice. Beforepay and its related bodies corporate make no representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of the contents of this blog post and do not accept any liability for any loss whatsoever arising from the use of this information. Please read our Terms of Service carefully before deciding whether to use any of our services.